I tried to take a couple of days off for a little "me" time. Well, I'm not sure how well that worked. I mean, I did squeeze in some "me" time, but I didn't exactly take the days "off." Why is that so HARD??
I'm leaving for the Whole Brain Teaching Conference in Louisiana in a couple of days and I have SOOOO much to do before I leave!! I think I broke out in a rash last night just thinking about it all!
Probably didn't help that I spent yesterday at the pool...and "pretty-ing" up my iPhone. Have you seen all the Instagram craze about the Cocoppa app?
Here's how my iPhone looks now....
If you're interested in doing this, it's important to know that these icons are really just shortcuts to the real icons (so DO NOT delete those!!!) The 411 on this cuteness...
1) It's super easy (and quick) to change an icon (well, the picking out your icons is not so quick, but the actual change is!)
2) You will want to put the new CUTE shortcut icon on your desktop and then just stick all of your old icons in a folder on your back screen)
3) Since these are just SHORTCUTS, it takes a brief second for them to open - they're still very quick, so this wasn't really a downside for me.
4) Since these are just SHORTCUTS, they do not show "notifications" (for example, my "mail" icon will not show the number "1" when a new email comes in - I could swipe to the next screen and see that on my actual icon, though) I actually like this function, as I stress over those notification numbers! ;)
5) The biggest downside is that you can't get them for all of the preloaded Apple icons (phone, settings, camera, and notes - my notes is an app not the preloaded Apple "notes")
That was a really quick 411, but you can find TONS of tutorials on the specifics if you do a Google search. Here is the tutorial I found was the most helpful.
Did you notice that I even went back and made an icon for my own blog??? I figured that out myself *pat on back* - I just took a screenshot from my blog and cropped the button. Then I used the upload button in Cocoppa (bottom center) to upload it as an icon. Then, on "my page" in Cocoppa, it showed up as an icon that I could select and use! I just insert my blog address as the url for a direct link!
Speaking of cuteness....look what came in the mail today from Very Jane....
And, speaking of mail, I also got a very fancy envelope from our school district today. This was odd. When I opened it, it was a letter personally from the Superintendent himself. This might not be odd to most of you, but I work in a VERY LARGE school district (about 60 elementary schools alone!). Needless to say, he has a lot to oversee so it's rare to see/hear from him...especially on a personal level.
But, I had a very sweet dad to write me the nicest email at the end of this school year (don't you always think those are the BEST GIFTS ever???), but he took it a step further and copied my principal and the superintendent on the email. Well, this letter was regarding that....(all identifying information removed)
Now, to go write a couple of my students back and then head back out for a manicure/pedicure and to play with my new MAC makeup. I've got to get my "pretty" on, too...can't let my iPhone outshine me! :)